Sunday, April 26, 2009

Have you ever heard of a horse poem called 'Forget Me Not?'?

I want to find the poem, but I forgot most of it. I remember reading it in 'The Young Equestrian: Professional Instruction for Ambitious Riders' and the book said it was from the book 'Fox Hunting for Ladies.' Part of it goes something like this:





when going uphill, whip me not


when going downhill, hurry me not


...


when you are vexed, strike me not


...


and when dead, forget me not





It's supposed to be like a horse's point of view.

Have you ever heard of a horse poem called 'Forget Me Not?'?
similar:








A HORSE'S PRAYER


Going up hill, whip me not


Going down hill, hurry me not


On level ground, spare me not


Loose in stable, forget me not


Of hay and corn, rob me not


Of clean water, rob me not


Of sponge and brush, neglect me not





Of soft dry bed, deprive me not


Tired or hot, wash me not


In sick or cold, chill me not


With bits and reins, please jerk me not


And when you're angry


Please strike me not!!!


4 comments:

  1. Going up hill, whip me not.
    Going down hill, hurry me not.
    On level road, spare me not.
    Of hay and corn, rob me not.
    Of pure water, sint me not.
    Of fresh air, deprive me not.
    To damp bed, subject me not.
    With brush and sponge, neglect me not.
    Home from grass, physic me not.
    Tired and hot, wash me not.
    Sick or cold, chill me not.
    With bit and reins, jerk me not.
    When you are vexed, strike me not.
    When old and grey, despise me not.
    When past my labour, work me not.
    When sick and dying, leave me not.
    And, when dead..
    Forget me not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One that my grandmother taught me was:

    Up a hill canter me not,
    Down a hill trot me not,
    On the level spare me not, and
    In the stable forget me not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When not lubed properly ,fuck me not

    ReplyDelete